Thursday, December 24, 2009

Opossum sighting in Dayton





Those of you who know me, know that I am still in Dayton, Ohio. Today was full of surprises.

Late this afternoon my husband yelled for me. He had his camera and in his sights was a strange animal. NOT A CAT, he said. Well, the pictures he hastily snapped later showed the critter to be a 'Possum.
I did not know they had them in Dayton, but it makes sense. Something has been getting into the neighborhood trash ever since we got here.
I've read up on them, and they are gentle, fascinating creatures. Please check it out for yourself, as these marsupials deserve respect and our help to survive. You may have one living close by your house as well.
Thanks Possum Pop and the "Possum Pages" at http://opossum.craton.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment