Sunday, August 16, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!


I feel like I've been out of touch for a while, and I have been. I've had lots of rescue work to do recently. We have had 4 new dogs here since I last wrote.
We rescued a mommy dog in the desert near the border of Mexico in the Nogales area.
We have a kind hearted volunteer who brings up animals frequently for us. She is a Sheriff's deputy and she spends off hours finding places for all the animals she finds out there.
Anyway, that week she brought us Pixie, a darling but depleted little Shepherd mix. She looks like a miniature German Shepherd, but she has a stumpy tail.
She was skin and bones and scars, but her pup was fat and sassy. He looked like a little Chow. His name is Gunther. Just full of P*ss and vinegar, that little one.
Pixie had a bad case of worms, it really freaked me out when I saw it. She's been treated, and she is fine now. She's warm and loving and completely housetrained.
I just can't imagine how she ended up with a pup, dumped in the desert to fend for herself. She had tape worms, which is a sign she'd been living off of birds and rabbits she caught herself out there. Breaks your heart.
Gunther is adopted, and hopefully Pixie will be finding her forever home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment